EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
THURSDAY, JUNE 2ND, 2022
TEXT: JOHN 17:9-16
(9) I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
(10) And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
(11) And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
(12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
(13) And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
(14) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
(16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
KEY VERSE: John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hated you.
Jesus often spoke of the world as He prayed for His disciples. He said that He had manifested the name of the Father to the disciples. They had become convinced that Jesus had come from God. When Jesus spoke about leaving the disciples in the world He was speaking about the natural creation; the natural habitation of men on earth made up of countries, nations, cities and villages.
Satan came into this natural world and influenced men with sin, rebellion and hatred of God, and that furnished another world of which the devil is its god. It forms another world which is an existing organization; a way of life which Satan brought into this created world and influenced the human beings which are in it to go after his own system, values and beliefs. It is the world of iniquity that is designed and established by the enemy of God.
It is of this world that Jesus said in John 17:14, “I have given them your word and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.” Jesus was speaking of this evil system and not of the inhabited world of animals, stars and trees, etc. He was speaking of the organized evil system that hates righteousness.
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Men who live in accordance with the world do not obey God or fear Him, neither do they carry out His will. Although believers live in the world physically with sinners, yet they are not of this world. Godliness and true worship of God have also been affected by the evil ones to damn the souls of men. If you visit a church that worships after the pattern of the world, do not join them because you are not of this world. Come out from among them and be ye separate. Love not the world.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Do not follow the multitude to do evil.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I will never, ever go back to the world.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: 2 Chronicles 7-9; John 13:1-17
PASTOR PAUL RIKA