EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE
DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Of Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
WHAT IT MEANS WHEN GOD FORGIVES YOUR SIN
Sunday, December 27
"11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."
2 Samuel 12:13
"And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD.
And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die."
It is a great thing to receive God’s forgiveness of sins committed against Him and man. The benefits include the followings:
1. It means the judgment or penalty which you are to suffer now or later is cancelled. What a joy! The Lord has forgiven you your sin and says you are no more going to hell. Now you can heave a sigh of relief.
2. The record of sin is cleansed or blotted out. There is a book of record where record of sins are kept and from which sinners will be judged and condemned, but when your sins are forgiven it means that record will be blotted out. There is forgiveness with God that he should be praised and worshipped. If God were to mark iniquity, who can stand? We are serving the God that forgives sins.
3. The removal of the power to sin in your life. The power to sin has been taken out of your life. That is how we know the difference. If your sins have been forgiven, then you are not sinning again because sin will no more be attractive to you.
4. There is impartation of divine power into the soul not to sin anymore. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, “Go and sin no more.” That commandment from the Lord imparted divine power into that woman to go and live a righteous life.
5. It is the restoration to fellowship with God. Your sin separated you from God but now that your sins are forgiven, your relationship with God has been restored. Such was the case with the prodigal son. The father embraced him, changed his garment and he stayed in the house in continual fellowship.
6. Access to divine blessings. Formerly, you could not pray and receive answer to your prayer but now you are a child. You are a saint. You have been accepted. You have access to the privileges of God because your sins have been forgiven.
7. There is joy and peace. There is joy of salvation and peace of God that surpasses all understanding. Hallelujah!
Thought for the day:
Jesus has paid your debt of sin and freed you from the penalty of death.
Song for the day:
He loves me I cannot say why....
Bible reading for the day:
Zechariah 4-6; Revelation 18
PASTOR PAUL RIKA