EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
TEXT: ROMANS 8:15-19
(15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
(16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
(17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
(18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
(19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
KEY VERSE: 3 JOHN 2-3
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
There is hardly anything that man can do without the help of God. That is why the Bible in John 15:5 says, “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
It means, therefore that of our own we can do nothing without the help of God. To receive the help of God we must be part of the branches and abide in Him, and He abides in us, then He can play roles in our lives. The role God can play in our lives will depend on who we are to Him.
I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.” Can you cry to God and He will know your voice and perform all things for you?
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
As shown clearly in our text, we have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear but the Spirit of adoption whereby we cry, Abba, Father… that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ…
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength; here God is our Rock and Protector (Psalm 18:2). Is God your Rock? Before we can be called sons, our father must be sure that he is the one who brought us to this world and the one responsible for our up-bringing and well-being. God cannot take ownership of us and play significant role in our lives when we have not chosen Him as our Savior, Redeemer and Friend.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Seek and maintain a personal relationship with God.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Trust and obey........
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Isaiah 19-21; Ephesians 2
PASTOR PAUL RIKA