EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 26, 2022
TEXT: JOSHUA 1:1-9
(1) Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,
(2) Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
(3) Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
(4) From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
(5) There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
(6) Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
(7) Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.
(8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
(9) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
KEY VERSE: ROMANS 12:11
Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
Books have been written on ministerial success and people have organized seminars and conferences on success but then we want to hear what God has to say about success in ministry. Success is based on the Book of God. It comes from commitment to the Book of God; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night. It comes from knowing what is in the Book of God, committing yourself to what is in the Book of God, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein. Success comes from careful obedience to the Book of God. This is the sure way of success; then thou shalt make thy ways prosperous and then thou shall have good success. Success of God is a good one unlike that of men.
Success in ministry means doing the ministry work in total obedience, compliance to the specification of God. ‘See that thou build the tabernacle according to the vision that I showed to you on the mount.’ That is success; working out a ministry in the way God instructed it, the way it is penned down in the Book of God. That is where the problem is with mankind. Many are not ready to run the ministry according to the Book of God and that is why they fail. Their ministries are never based on the Book of God. How can they succeed? Those things they call success are not success. They do not last and are not valuable because they are not based on the book of God. Success in this sense is a spiritual word and man may not measure it aright. The success that is measurable by man is often a bad one because you may not be able to measure that which God has said since the Word of God is eternal. That which you are doing has eternal bearing which your finite mind may not comprehend but if you can do according to specification you shall succeed. Yes, that which we may think is not success is actually success in the sight of God. For instance, you need not condemn yourself over things of which you are actually successful.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Good success comes from obedience to the Word of God.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Give me that old-time religion
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 128-131; 1 Corinthians 7:25-40
PASTOR PAUL RIKA