EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, JANUARY 22ND, 2022
TEXT: ISAIAH 53:1-7
(1) Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
(2) For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
(3) He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
(4) Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
(5) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
(6) All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
(7) He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
KEY VERSE: ISAIAH 53:4
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
We shall consider three (3) principles in this lesson:
1. Suffering: Jesus was addressed as a Man of sorrows. His ability to suffer showed His credibility because His suffering was required for human salvation. God has only one Son who had not sinned, but He has no son who has not suffered. Suffering builds energy into you and removes pride from you. He led you through this path to humble you. Why are men running from suffering and from the devil? Peter was avoiding crucifixion but as he was running away he met the Lord coming in the opposite direction. When he asked, the Lord told him He was going for second crucifixion since he was escaping from it. He returned and got crucified upside down on the cross. Running the race to avoid suffering will not give you the crown. If you are not ready to lose your marriage, job or reputation for Jesus, you are unfit for the crown. Don't fear imprisonment or assassination if God allows that to be your end.
2. Sacrifice: This is the life that leads to the end. Isaiah 53: 1, 5 says, “Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” What others should have suffered, He took it over to better their lives. He suffered for our sicknesses and gave His body to be crucified. Jesus bore the sins of others. He was oppressed. He suffered for the salvation and suffering of the people. God found man in Christ Jesus.
There is a story of a woman who had a crippled husband. She took him for lunch and served him at the restaurant. She labored to give the husband comfort of life. She was doing it out of sacrifice; not of necessity. When the man was dying, he was full of appreciation for his wife’s sacrifice on him. He wrote a letter to his unborn baby on the greatness of the mother. It is sacrifice that will make your life meaningful.
3. Faith: Don't fear that you will fail; God will be with you. Your flesh shall not see corruption. Don't be afraid of demons; Jesus had confidence on His father to the end of His life. If you know that the just shall live by faith, you will live in victory. Exercise faith in all circumstances. Because Jesus lives, you can face tomorrow. David's faith made him to face Goliath in the name of the Lord. You will live and overcome sin in your life by faith. Faith is not afraid of climbing the mountain or crossing the ocean. In all your living, live by faith.
THOUGHT FOR TODAY: Be not wanting in the heavenly race.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I am ready to obey thy Word
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Exodus 1-3; Matthew 15:21-39
PASTOR PAUL RIKA