EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2022
TEXT: JAMES 3:1-11
(1)My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
(2) For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
(3) Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
(4) Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
(5) Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
(6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
(7) For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
(8) But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
(9) Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
(10) Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
(11) Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
KEY VERSE: PROVERBS 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
The Bible reveals that there is power in the tongue of every man because man is made in the image of God. This power is of two kinds, the power of good and evil, blessing and cursing, life and death. Deuteronomy 11:26 says, “Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse. Man can invoke either one of these power by the use of his tongue and reap the reward thereof. Jesus reiterated this truth in the New Testament when He said that the word spoken by man can bring justification or condemnation in Matthew 12:37, “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned”. God commands men not to speak evil against one another, not to curse one another.
Bible accounts and the contemporary world reveal the disastrous effects of the curse men have placed on one another: on families, lands, cities etc. Men have sent their fellow men to eternal damnation and deprived them of the privilege of living longer to become possibly born again through repentance and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ. The reasons for the curses placed on one another are not worthy to be compared with the resultant effects of these curses. Should a man die because he affected your physical body, finances, or material things of this life?
Many Christians and ministers of God decree evil upon the lives of men and rejoice when these come to pass, thinking God has justified their word and answered their prayers. Let it be known that our God is not a murderer: for the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. Those who curse their fellow men and destroy the precious souls of men shall be judged as wicked ones and murderers! Follow biblical principles of how to treat your enemies and concentrate your battle against satan and his evil powers and not on the destruction of your fellow men.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Speak gracious words to your fellow men.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Create in me a clean heart O Lord, and renew a right spirit...
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Hosea 5-8; Revelation 1
12/10/2022 01:27:11 pm
12/10/2022 11:46:01 pm
Lord Jesus, help us to hold our tongues in check, to know when to hold back and when to speak.
Leave a Reply.
PASTOR PAUL RIKA
HOREMOW HEADQUARTER ABUJA
HOREMOW HEADQUARTER NORTH AMERICA