EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH, 2022
TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6
(1) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
(2) For by it the elders obtained a good report.
(3) Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
(4) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
(5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
(6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
KEY VERSE: ROMANS 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
When someone repents from sin and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, he receives the salvation of God and becomes a new creature. The Bible says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away and all things have become new.” His new relationship with God is characterized by newness of life, the fear of God, righteousness, and obedience to God's Word. He is considered a just man. Noah was a just man in his generation. He was perfect and walked with God.
The just and perfect man is the one who walks with God, doing the will of God. He walks with God with the whole of his heart. He serves God wholeheartedly and maintains a good relationship with Him. He lives righteously. The just man is a true believer in Christ. The scriptures state emphatically that the just shall live by faith. The believer in Christ Jesus, who is righteous before God shall live, survive, thrive, triumph, and overcome by faith.
The proud man or woman can never be upright in the sight of God. The believer who is struggling to live through his personal effort is a proud person. He does not consider God worthy of his dependence. He depends on his intellect, wisdom and power to do things. He is a proud man and can never please God. The scripture under consideration also says something about the personal faith of the just. Every believer is expected to exercise personal faith in Him. While it may be expedient to seek the intercession of a spiritual mentor in prayer, the perfect will of God is that every child of His should exercise personal faith by asking Him for their needs. The just shall live by his faith.
This is both an exhortation and an instruction to every believer to relate with God personally. God expects you to exercise personal faith in Him so that you may live. Whatever situation that arises against a just man, he is exhorted to have personal faith in God. Are you experiencing some invasions of the enemy in your life? Are sicknesses and diseases tormenting your life? Whatever opposition that comes against a just man, whatever mountain is standing against a just man, trying to instill fear into him; the Bible advises the just man to have faith in God in the presence of that great contrary situation, to live and overcome. Have faith in God despite that great opposition and you shall conquer it and make progress. All that is required of you is to trust in your God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Believe in God’s Word with all your heart.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I am ready to obey your word…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Numbers 16-17; Mark 6:33-56
PASTOR PAUL RIKA