EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND, 2022
TEXT: ACTS 11:19-25
(19) Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
(20) And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus.
(21) And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.
(22) Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.
(23) Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
(24) For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.
(25) Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
KEY VERSE: ACTS 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Many Christians ask questions due to the state of Christianity today because many professing Christians have forgotten this holy life. They think that it is no longer necessary. Many that have been in Christianity for a long time have waxed cold in pursuing a holy life. This group of people focus on acquiring leadership position in church and because of this, their mind is highly occupied with politics in the church; hence, losing the vision of a holy and righteous life. Another reason is seen in people who are earthly minded. Although they are in church, they are completely overwhelmed with success of earthly life. Whilst they go about pursuing this, their mind cannot focus on holy life. Again, some believers see holy life as a hindrance to their achievement. Therefore, they try to eliminate holiness from their spheres.
Then again, some cannot bear with afflictions coming from family members, co-workers or relations. Thus, they decide to quit holiness and face their opponents with similar evil behavior that they have been receiving from them. Finally, there is a group of false preachers that do not have righteousness or know holiness and cannot give it out, yet they preach to the congregation. With such categories of people in the church, how can godliness thrive? However, we are not to be discouraged. Like Elijah saw a little cloud that looks like a man’s hand and sent to tell Ahab that there shall be abundance of rain, so will it be for us with the message of godliness. Although our effort may appear little, we know that it will yield fruits. Believers were first called Christian in Antioch due to their lifestyle.
When someone believes on the Lord Jesus, the Spirit of Christ enters him and produces the fruits of righteousness and the new believer becomes a follower of Christ. A believer is required to have a change of life, leaving the old life behind. If you are an angry, violent, bitter and moody person, when you receive Christ, all these traits must be left behind. You who is a wayward youth, you like partying and wearing seductive attires in the name of fashion or keeping up with the trends, if you truly gave your life to Jesus, then the old things must be put away because the Scripture says, “BEHOLD!”. There should be a change of character. Answer these questions: Have you changed? Are old things gone out of your life? Have you allowed busy lifestyle and challenges to bring back old character into your life?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Christianity is a life of godliness; visible change must be seen.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I surrender, I surrender all.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Numbers 7; Mark 4:21-41
PASTOR PAUL RIKA