EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH, 2021
TEXT: GENESIS 20:2, 3, 14 & JOB 42:7-9
(2) And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.
(3) But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
(14)And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his wife.
(7) And it was so, that after the Lord had spoken these words unto Job, the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
(8) Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.
(9) So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the Lord commanded them: the Lord also accepted Job.
KEY VERSE: ECCLESIASTES 3:15
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
Now that you are in Christ, the Lord expects you to serve Him with a conscience void of offence toward God and men. Hence, you will need to take some corrective actions over your past life. This might involve settling your differences with those you offended, paying back just debts, returning stolen property, apologizing for lies told, relinquishing false claims, confessing fraudulent acts, dissolving unscriptural marriage union and giving up false certificates. This is called restitution. Abimelech restored Sarah to Abraham.
Abraham had told everyone that his wife Sarah was his sister. So King Abimelech of Gerar sent men to take Sarah. God came to Abimelech in a dream by night and said to him, "You're going to die because of the woman that you've taken! She's a married woman!" Then Abimelech took sheep, cattle, and male and female slaves and gave them to Abraham and returned Sarah back to him.
Job's friends apologized to him for their wrong speaking. Zaccheus restored properties he acquired by false accusation. Paul was sorry for reviling God's high priest. The Holy Spirit will reveal things that require your corrective actions. God will be with you as you carry out your restitutions and His grace will be sufficient for you. Restitution is an act of righteousness that will fill you with joy and peace, and will glorify the name of our Lord among men.
However, some restitution may require counseling from true and wise men of God, especially those involving others. Take sufficient counsel before carrying out your restitutions. Fear not, God will defend and speak for you. You will not be put to shame. Counseling will also show if it is mere satanic condemnation due to your ignorance. Do you have any restitution to make? Pray and ask God to direct and give you the boldness to do it. Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counselors they are established.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The earlier you comply, the better for your soul.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Lord teach me Your way (2x), I want to know Your way…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Ezekiel 16; Hebrews 12
PASTOR PAUL RIKA