,BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA
(Int'l Director Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide)
MONDAY OCTOBER 21, 2019
TEXT: EXODUS 18:13-23
KEY VERSE: Proverbs 11:14; “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.”
If your marriage hurts, cry out, do not die in silence. There are many hurting partners who don't want to open up due to:
(1) They don't want to disgrace their marriage partner.
(2) Their carnal backslidden partners have warned them not to tell anybody their secret.
(3) They think the matter will get better by self-management, but they find that their situation gets worse.
(4) They don't trust anybody with their secrets. To them everybody is bad including their pastors, who may betray them.
(5) They feel the matter is irreparable or their carnal partners are incorrigible, so they resign to fate.
(6) They may term going for counseling as gossiping their family.
(7) God will intervene at his own time, so they remain in bondage, enduring their marriage.
However, God endorses counselling.
(a)Prov. 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. By going for counselling, you save your marriage and your soul.
(b) Prov. 24:6, For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety. In counselling you make war and defeat the problem and recover your carnal/backslidden partner.
(c) Prov. 27:9 Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Counselling will make you recover your backslidden partner; you will become best of friends once again.
(d). Prov. 20:18; Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war.
Prov.15:22 Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established. See it here, your marriage will be established once more.
(e) Counselling will give you wisdom and wisdom is profitable to direct. Eccl. 10:10, If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.
Prov. 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
(f) Counselling will give you knowledge. Hosea4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
(g) Counselling will give you fear of the Lord in your marriage Psalms 115:13 He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great.
Thought for the day:
God has provided for healing in your marriage.
Song for the day:
My wife shall be a blessing, my children around my table....
Bible reading for the day:
Jeremiah 5-6; 1 Timothy 1
PASTOR PAUL RIKA