EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING BY:
PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
DATE: TUESDAY, MARCH 9TH
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
Key Verse: Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
Contrary to the opinion held by some people that women are forbidden to perform some ministerial duties in the church, we would see that preaching, teaching, praying or prophesying by women is justified by God in the following scriptures:
1. Women ministry was practiced in the scripture and remains valid till this day (Titus 2:3-4). The ministry we see godly women engaged in today is of the Holy Ghost, except those of unruly and godless women, which are known by their fruits
2. God has promised to pour out the Holy Spirit on the women for prophecy and other gifts for ministry in Joel 2:28-29.
3. The Lord sent baptism of the Holy Ghost upon His sons and daughters to be effective witnesses as preachers, teachers and workers in Acts 1:8. Women also receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost and are to engage in whatever ministry the Lord gives them for human salvation and the establishment of the saints.
4. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are given for ministry in the body of Christ in 1 Cor 12:1-11. Christian women also enjoy these gifts by which they edify the saints.
5. In Mark 16:17-20, these things are practically seen among us. All these confirm that the woman has full access to the Christian ministry by the will of God. The Lord Himself works with them to confirm their word with signs following. This justifies the ministry.
6. The instruction of the Lord “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost…” in Matt 28:19-20 does not only involve preaching to sinners but teaching the saints. Since women are included in the Disciples of Christ, they are included in the commission to preach and teach the converts all the word.
If they do this faithfully, they will see the presence and blessings of Jesus in their ministry. Also in this commission is the commandment to baptize the converts in water. Women ministers have the authority of the Lord to baptize converts and also to serve communion.
Thought for the day: God has poured His Holy Spirit upon all flesh for ministry, including women.
Song for the day: Breathe on me (2) Holy Ghost power, breathe on me....
Bible reading for the day: Deuteronomy 8-10; Mark 12:28-44
PASTOR PAUL RIKA