EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, APRIL 23RD, 2022
TEXT: LUKE 19:1-10
(1) And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
(2) And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.
(3) And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
(4) And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
(5) And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
(6) And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
(7) And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
(8) And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
(9) And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
(10) For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
KEY VERSE: ECCLESIASTES 3:15
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
Restitution can be seen as the practice of the law of conscience, formal or informal, whereby the offender rectifies his ways by confessing his crime to those he has offended in apology. He may be required to return stolen items to the rightful owner. He has to confess lies told or acted to those deceived, or pay back debts owed or relinquish false claims, property, result, certificate, and uncover hidden crime committed against men or society.
Restitution is practiced generally even among the heathen. Very often you see someone apologizing to another, “I am sorry.” This is also practiced in the government. We have the police station, and the law court where the government organizes restitution, and makes law and decree that will effect restitution among the citizens. The Economics and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) in Nigeria ensures that embezzled funds are recovered. Some people think that the New Testament Believers are exempted from restitution.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Comparing scriptures reveal that God requires the past, and commands Believers to follow peace with all men. The damage you caused people in the past or the money you borrowed ten years ago and your lies have caused damages to people. When Jesus went to the house of Zacchaeus, the people started murmuring until Zacchaeus rectified his past by announcing he would give half of his goods to the poor, and if he had cheated anybody he would restore fourfold. And Jesus declared “today is salvation come to this house”. Do your restitution as commanded by God, and where necessary seek counseling from holy minister of God to have peace with God and man.
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Restitution seals your salvation by putting the devil to shame.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Holy life, we want to live holy, you must live holy as example…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: 2 Samuel 7-9; Luke19:1-28
PASTOR PAUL RIKA