EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SUNDAY, JANUARY 23RD, 2022
TEXT: 1TIMOTHY 6:6-12
(6) But godliness with contentment is great gain.
(7) For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
(8) And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
(9) But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
(10) For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
(11) But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
(12) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
KEY VERSE: LUKE 12:15
And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
The love of money is the fall of many ministers of God. Satan got Judas through money and his offense was great as the betrayer of Jesus. Today, many believers and ministers of God fall to the power of money. Satan entered their life and captured their soul through money. Money has caused the fall of many, but as a child of God and indeed as a man of God, you must remove the love of money from your heart to remain pure.
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Why do you run after money? Is it to build a house, buy a car or to do what? Don’t you know that godliness with contentment is great gain? If you have no money to pay your children's school fees, why not put your trust in the Lord, even if your children will have to be sent out of school because of your righteousness? Does that mean God has abandoned you? During the period of one year that your children will stay at home, if all of you keep crying to your Father in heaven, will He not hear? Is God no more in heaven? Will He not appreciate your righteousness? Will He not rise up and do something to honor His children?
Why not go before God in faith and pray, rather than resorting to stealing to pay your children's school fees? Where is the blessing? Is it not the blessing of the LORD that “maketh rich and addeth no sorrow”? Are you not cursing your children by building their lives on a faulty foundation? Is that not a curse unto them? You, as a father, is the one bringing accursed thing unto them, by stealing God's money to pay their school fees. Have you not already set destruction on their path?
Some of them may die and never finish school because of the weight of your sins on their lives. You make them children of the devil because you have consecrated them to Satan. He is the one teaching you how to get money for their school fees, hence they are his children. He is feeding them with poison and will eventually lay claim on them. Therefore, child of God, flee these things and maintain righteousness. Remove your eyes from God's money. Do not seek after it. It leads to damnation.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Be content with what you have, riches are from God.
SONG FOR THE DAY: All I have are given to me by the Lord (2X)
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Exodus 4-6; Matthew 16
PASTOR PAUL RIKA