EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2022
TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 1:5-10
(5) Moreover the brasen altar, that Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, had made, he put before the tabernacle of the Lord: and Solomon and the congregation sought unto it.
(6) And Solomon went up thither to the brasen altar before the Lord, which was at the tabernacle of the congregation, and offered a thousand burnt offerings upon it.
(7) In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.
(8) And Solomon said unto God, Thou hast shewed great mercy unto David my father, and hast made me to reign in his stead.
(9) Now, O Lord God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
(10) Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?
KEY VERSE: JAMES 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
The believers through the grace of God should be wise and should use calculative and pure methods to win sinners to Christ. Wisdom is the principal thing required in evangelism as well as in other things. We must ask God specifically for wisdom in soul winning. In our today’s text, God is saying “minister over My people; ask Me what I shall give you. The messenger to My people, ask Me what I shall give you. Preacher and teacher of righteousness, ask what I shall give you. Evangelist, soul-winner, ask what I shall give thee.” (Paraphrased).
Solomon said, “Give me now wisdom and knowledge that I may go out and come in before these people”. You can ask God to give you wisdom that you may know how to preach the gospel successfully in this adulterous generation. Give me now wisdom that I may know how I can be faithful in Christ; how I can lead people to Jesus in this backslidden generation, in this religious society.
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upbraided not; and it shall be given him.
Oh God, I have family members; give me wisdom to know how I can lead all my family members successfully to Heaven. Oh Lord, I have a wife; I have a husband to lead to Jesus: God I need wisdom, the wisdom to lead my wife to Christ and that I can keep my wife in Christ, the wisdom that can lead my husband to do his restitution and follow Jesus. God, I need wisdom, the wisdom that can get this friend of mine for you; the wisdom that can get this neighbour for you. O God, wisdom is the principal thing. I need wisdom to lead my children to Christ and keep them in holiness.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Get wisdom, get understanding.
SONG FOR THE DAY: O deeper yet I pray and higher every day, and wiser blessed…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Job 33-34; Acts 13:24-52
PASTOR PAUL RIKA