EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2022
TEXT: ACTS 2:1-4, 40, 41
(1) And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
(2) And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
(3) And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
(4) And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
(40) And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
(41) Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
KEY VERSE: ACTS 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
One who is born again is promised the baptism with the Holy Spirit. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is also called the Promise of the Father or Power from on high. It is the infilling of a Believer with the power of the Holy Spirit. This is required for effective and fruitful Christian service. It is a gift from God to His children who earnestly hunger, thirst and ask for it through prayer. The evidence of baptism with the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues by the enabling of the Holy Spirit. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance (Acts 2:4).
Every Believer has the Holy Spirit called the Spirit of Christ in him. But not every Believer is baptized or filled with the Holy Spirit. To receive the Holy Spirit baptism, the Believer needs to hunger and thirst for it, then seek the face of the Lord in importunate prayer and faith for this experience. This is in fulfilment of the Promise the Lord made that He was going to pour out His Spirit on His people in the end-time.
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
The outpouring of the Spirit enables one to speak boldly and with authority. Those who were filled with the Holy Spirit acquired strong desire to preach and get others converted to the Lord. If you are yet to receive this Divine gift from on High, earnestly pray for it. But if you are a sinner, repent from all your sins and get sanctified then ask the Lord to energize you with this power. You need this power to work for the Lord in this end-time.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Power for end-time exploits is available for as many that will hunger and thirst for it.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Power from above, there is power from above (2x)
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Isaiah 4-6; Galatians 3
PASTOR PAUL RIKA