EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
DATE: MONDAY, MAY 10TH 2021
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 3:12-15
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
KEY VERSE: HEBREWS 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus.
God has called us to a high, holy and heavenly calling. So your names have been enrolled in heaven. Considering the total population of about 7 billion humans on earth, are we sure the names in the book of life is up to 500 Million? We are so blessed to have our names in the book of life. However, the Lord wants to warn you of some obstacles on the way to heaven.
1 CORINTHIANS 9:24-27
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
What are the things that remove people’s names from the Book of life?
(1) Unbelief: Peter began to sink when he looked away from Jesus. The Israelites disbelieved God despite the wonders He did on their way to Canaan.
(2) The Flesh: The flesh is a big obstacle. If you don’t manage your flesh or body it will remove your name from the book of life.
(3) The World: Be careful with the cares of this world.
(4) Family: Do not allow the pressure from your family members to stop you from entering heaven.
(5) Money: Remember Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of Silver. Do not love money more than God!
(6) Satan: Jesus was tempted but He overcame. You must also overcome Satan.
Thought Of The Day: Lest after preaching to others I should be cast away.
Song Of The Day: Heavenly race, I no go tire….
Bible Reading For The Day: 1 Kings 21-22; John 3:1-21
PASTOR PAUL RIKA