EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
DATE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7TH, 2021
TEXT: ACTS 19:1-7
(1) And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
(2) He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
(3) And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
(4) Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
(5) When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
(6) And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
(7) And all the men were about twelve.
KEY VERSE: JOHN 1:33
And I knew Him not: but He that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
Having given your life to Jesus Christ, you will need to submit yourself to water baptism. Water baptism follows repentance and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ. The scriptural water baptism is one immersion into water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19).”
Water baptism is not for ignorant and unconverted children, nor for unrepentant adults. Those who were baptized when they were still sinners must be baptized after they have truly repented and given their lives to Jesus Christ. The apostles practiced water baptism according to the instruction given to them by the Lord, hence they baptized converts as authorized by the Lord in Mathew 28:19.
Baptism with the Holy Ghost or gift of the Holy Ghost, is the coming of the Holy Spirit upon a believer in baptismal measure with the purpose of filling him with power for effective Christian service. All believers are promised the baptism with the Holy Spirit by God. This is received by prayer and faith on God's promises. The scriptural evidence of baptism with the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues as the Spirit inspires. Speaking in tongues as evidence of baptism with the Holy Spirit is given to every believer who is baptized with the Holy Spirit for the purpose of prayer and personal edification. This is however different from speaking in diverse tongues as a ministerial gift in the manner of the gifts of prophesy, healing, working of miracles etc. which God does not give to every believer.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Receive both to be a full member of the Body of Christ.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Holy Ghost fire, fire fall on me, like in the day of Pentecost.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Isaiah 37-38; Philippians 3
PASTOR PAUL RIKA