EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
DATE: SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 9th, 2021
TEXT: EXODUS 14:10-16
10) And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD.
11) And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
12) Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
13) And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
14) The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
15) And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
16) But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
KEY VERSE: EZRA 10:4
Arise; for this matter belongeth unto thee: we also will be with thee: be of good courage, and do it.
Patience and endurance are things encouraged in the Christian life. A Believer facing some difficulties in life may encourage himself to be patient and endure more. However, you need to examine the matter well. It may be possible you are expected to do something about the problem. You may be waiting and enduring in your problem due to your ignorance, fear, indetermination or laziness. Find out within yourself; may be the Holy Spirit is stirring some spiritual provocations within you against that problem. The Holy Spirit may be telling you: “What is required is action to be taken.”
In today's memory verse, Ezra was the appropriate person to initiate action. Both God and men were waiting for him and would support him. All he needed was fearlessness, courage and action. This may be your situation. Arise for action and heaven shall support you and others will be blessed by you. Jesus revealed that Believers are imparted with power to triumph over Satan and his evil kingdom. This power is in the strongest and weakest Christian. The Lord has given you the power to tread upon Satan and his evil forces, and to overcome them. Arise and face them and remove them out of your way (Luke 10:18-19).
Jesus cursed a fig tree and it dried up from the roots. He exhorted His disciples to have faith in God. Every Believer should face his mountain with the command of faith. Decree against your difficulties and God shall establish it. There is a day called the day of trouble – trouble in your heart, body, marriage, family, work place, business, school, relationship, society. In the day of trouble, you are not to be afraid, confused, in pains or threatened. All you need to do is to call upon God and he will give you a testimony. In our reading text, the enemies were pursuing the children of Israel. The Red Sea was before them. They were greatly afraid, but God asked them to move forward. The children of Israel crossed the sea on dry ground but their enemies perished in the Red Sea. Do not listen to the fears in your mind; to the noise of discouragement – go forward! Lift up the rod of prayer and stretch the rod of faith over your problems and they shall part from you through intervention of God, holding to His word, employing the name of Jesus and confession of your salvation.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A little faith can move mountains.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Move on, move on, don't be tired, my Savior understands, it shall be well...
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Proverbs 7-8; 1 Corinthians 14:21-40
PASTOR PAUL RIKA