*EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING*
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SUNDAY, MARCH 20TH, 2022
TEXT: GENESIS 39:1-7
(1) And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.
(2) And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
(3) And his master saw that the Lord was with him, and that the Lord made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
(4) And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
(5) And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the Lord blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
(6) And he left all that he had in Joseph's hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.
(7) And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
KEY VERSE: 2 PETER 2:14
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
Lust, is a desire which is corrupted in the heart of a man or a woman towards the opposite sex. It may start with appreciating and admiring the: natural character, beauty, talent, and composure of the person. When admiration is not properly checked, it may grow into desire to be in company of that opposite sex often to see, look at (including pictures of the person), and interaction with him or her. This often carries impure thoughts and a strong desire for sex. Lust may lie hidden in the heart unknown to the other. Sometimes it may manifest openly in words and action (body language), as in the case of Potiphar’s wife towards Joseph.
Lust is a strong satanic force that destroys Christians’ purity and damn the soul of the unwatchful to hell fire. It is promoted by indecent dressing and nakedness on the streets, office, market, schools etc. It is also promoted by pornography on home videos, blue films, indecent shows on the televisions. Unnatural closeness between men and women can equally fuel lust.
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
The spirit of lust is strong and compelling. To overcome it, one requires a violent and practical approach. Joseph had to flee from Potiphar’s wife. Faith in Christ for salvation and persistent spiritual warfare against the forces of lust will certainly deliver you. You may need to confide in a mature leader for counselling and prayers. Use the Word of God, the Name of Jesus, confession of faith, prayer, fasting and personal spiritual discipline for your victory in the fight against lust.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The cloud of lust covering your mind shall certainly roll away in Jesus name.
SONG FOR THE DAY: We are victorious, yes we are victorious…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Joshua 1-3; Luke 1:57-80
PASTOR PAUL RIKA