EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
DATE: THURSDAY, JUNE 10TH, 2021
TEXT: JOSHUA 4:7-13
7) Then ye shall answer them, That the waters of Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord; when it passed over Jordan, the waters of Jordan were cut off: and these stones shall be for a memorial unto the children of Israel for ever.
8) And the children of Israel did so as Joshua commanded, and took up twelve stones out of the midst of Jordan, as the Lord spake unto Joshua, according to the number of the tribes of the children of Israel, and carried them over with them unto the place where they lodged, and laid them down there.
9) And Joshua set up twelve stones in the midst of Jordan, in the place where the feet of the priests which bare the ark of the covenant stood: and they are there unto this day.
10) For the priests which bare the ark stood in the midst of Jordan, until everything was finished that the Lord commanded Joshua to speak unto the people, according to all that Moses commanded Joshua: and the people hasted and passed over.
11) And it came to pass, when all the people were clean passed over, that the ark of the Lord passed over, and the priests, in the presence of the people.
12) And the children of Reuben, and the children of Gad, and half the tribe of Manasseh, passed over armed before the children of Israel, as Moses spake unto them:
13) About forty thousand prepared for war passed over before the Lord unto battle, to the plains of Jericho.
KEY VERSE: 1 JOHN 3:16
Hereby we perceive we the love of God, because He lay down his life for us; we ought to lay our life for our brethren.
Beloved, God is Love. He gave His only begotten Son to die on the cross of Calvary for the salvation of mankind. The bible says while we were yet sinners. Jesus died for us. This shows that God’s love is an unconditional love, perfect love and agape love. There are different kinds of love in the world today. For example, the love we have for somebody because they are one of our relatives or close friend. That love is good, but is not a perfect love. The love that fornicators have for an opposite sex in the name of boyfriend and girlfriend is the carnal love or lust of the flesh. The love you have for somebody because he is kind and good to you is good, but is not a perfect love. That is because that kind of love has traits of selfishness. Perfect love is a truly sacrificial, unmerited and unconditional love.
1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-7
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
To live a life of Christ, we are commanded to love God and our fellow men. Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. This is the first commandment. Do not have a divided mind in the things of God (whether in prayer, meditation, reading His Word, Evangelism, and any Christian service). You cannot love God while still living in sin. You must be born again, and your heart must circumcised. The second commandment tells us to love your neighbor as yourself. Neighbors are not only people living in the same neighborhood. They are also people we come across either in the school, church, market, work place, or on the streets. Whatsoever is the need of the person, spiritual, physical or material, we are to assist as much as we can. We are to love our enemies by feeding them and praying for them.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Pray for heart circumcision and a new heart to love.
SONG FOR THE DAY: He loves me I cannot say why (2x), On Calvary’s tree.....
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: 2 Chronicles 32-33; John 18:24-40
PASTOR PAUL RIKA