EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2022
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 1:15-17
(15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
KEY VERSE: JOHN 1:4
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Jesus came into this world as a man with the Spirit of God and lived as the light of this world. He lived as an example of man in this world and that is an example of a true Christian.
Let us examine the character of our Lord Jesus Christ while on earth as Man:
1. He had love and was passionate to all. He was faithful which also demonstrated God in man. John 13:1. He washed the disciples’ feet, having loved His own who were in the world. He loved them to the end. As Christians, we are called to do the same.
2. He lived a life of obedience; obedience to God and authority, and demonstrated it to us. Jesus did not claim relationship to the Father. He gave us the reason why His Father loved Him. John 15:10.
3. He was a humble man and announced it Himself. “I am gentle and humble in heart.” Matthew 11:29. Do not join arrogant and rough talks, be gentle. Do not strive to get something. God will help you achieve it. Let God lift you up to that level. Humble yourself and be obedient as Jesus was till His death on the cross. Humility will make you agree to suffer reproach, lay aside your greatness and riches, and relate to people freely.
4. He was the light of men, which is the example how men should live. Let holiness and righteousness be features of your daily life and let your good characters preach Jesus among men. Hebrews 12:14.
5. He submitted to abuses of men without fighting back. He accepted ill-treatment and suffered wrongfully. Your case isn’t between you and your oppressors but between you and God and thus He will fight for you. He is the righteous Judge. 1 Peter 2:19-23.
6. He was holy and undefiled. He never committed sin nor told a lie, as those whose mouths are full of lies in the name of protecting self. He committed Himself to Him who judges righteously. 1 Peter 1:15-16.
7. Jesus was not a noisemaker or storyteller. He was in the business of His Father. He had to accomplish His assignment and thus nothing outside the assignment took His time. As a Christian, mind what is taking your time, and stick to the Word of God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Live an exemplary life that glorifies God.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I want to be like Jesus, I want to be like Jesus, to follow Jesus Christ
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Leviticus 18-19; Matthew 27:32-66
PASTOR PAUL RIKA