EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2022
TEXT: EXODUS 18:18–24
(18) Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee: for this thing is too heavy for thee; thou art not able to perform it thyself alone.
(19) Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:
(20) And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.
(21) Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:
(22) And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.
(23) If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.
(24) So Moses hearkened to the voice of his father in law, and did all that he had said.
KEY VERSE: PROVERBS 15:22
Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
Parental introduction and courtship can commence with the guidance of the marriage committee. Courtship in marriage is a period of time given to the marrying partners for familiarization, planning and discussion for their future home. This is useful to enable them to harmonize their vision, purpose and desires since both of them are two separate entities. It could be that the woman as a single lady has been planning to build a Nursery-Primary school in her home town while the man on the other hand is planning after his marriage, he will be relocating to another city for their livelihood to continue there.
If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.
So Moses hearkened to the voice of his father in law, and did all that he had said.
The courtship period is meant for them to prayerfully fuse their ideas together in favor of the ones acceptable to them both. It is a time to discuss and agree on how many children they can conveniently carter for in their marriage. In this wise, there is need for agreement between the intending couples and the leadership of the Church. The marriage committee and the marriage partners should both define the period of the courtship as should be suitable.
The period should be considerably short so as not to hurt emotions. The committee should put supervisory eye on the intending couples from time to time to avoid wedding immoral people in the Church of God. All their movement together during the courtship period should be examined and where necessary, a third party should accompany them for their spiritual security.
THOUGHT FOR TODAY: If you take good counsel, you will marry rightly.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I live for Jesus, day after day…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 93-95; Romans 11:22-36
PASTOR PAUL RIKA