EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2022
TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 34:1-7
(1) Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem one and thirty years.
(2) And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left.
(3) For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.
(4) And they brake down the altars of Baalim in his presence; and the images, that were on high above them, he cut down; and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images, he brake in pieces, and made dust of them, and strowed it upon the graves of them that had sacrificed unto them.
(5) And he burnt the bones of the priests upon their altars, and cleansed Judah and Jerusalem.
(6) And so did he in the cities of Manasseh, and Ephraim, and Simeon, even unto Naphtali, with their mattocks round about.
(7) And when he had broken down the altars and the groves, and had beaten the graven images into powder, and cut down all the idols throughout all the land of Israel, he returned to Jerusalem.
KEY VERSE: MATTHEW 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Idol worship has been one of the strong traditions parents pass over to their children for continuity. By this singular act of satanic worship, altars are erected in many places to serve this purpose and to renew the covenant from time to time. Idolatry was practiced among the children of God in Judah and Jerusalem. Josiah rose up as a youth to do a great reform that reconciled his people back to God. Josiah was a youth that reigned over Judah and Jerusalem at the age of eight and did what was pleasing unto God. He walked in the ways of his father David by refusing to join them in this idol worshiping.
By the time he was twelve years old he started destroying all those altars, carved images and places of idol worship. Josiah personally supervised this cleansing of the land by watching them destroy all those images and altars, the dust of which were sprinkled on the graves of those who made sacrifices to these images. He burnt the bones of the priests upon the altars and cleansed Judah and Jerusalem. He made sure this act of cleansing was carried out in all other towns and cities in Israel. For the thirty-one years that he ruled, he did everything that would please God.
After all these cleansing exercises, at the age of eighteen he ordered the repair of the house of God. While doing this they found the money kept by the Levites from all collections and gave them to the priest. It was reported that all the men did the work faithfully. Another great discovery was the book of the law that was found. It was read to Josiah the king and he discovered that great wrath of God awaited them because their fathers did not keep the Word of the Lord. Josiah stood before God to appease Him by making a covenant and causing the people to do same to serve Him and no other God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Serve God in holiness and in truth.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Holiness is the beauty of believer…….
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Jeremiah 49-50; Hebrews 5
PASTOR PAUL RIKA