EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2022
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 34:1-8
(1) And Moses went up from the plains of Moab unto the mountain of Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, that is over against Jericho. And the Lord shewed him all the land of Gilead, unto Dan,
(2) And all Naphtali, and the land of Ephraim, and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah, unto the utmost sea,
(3) And the south, and the plain of the valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees, unto Zoar.
(4) And the Lord said unto him, This is the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying, I will give it unto thy seed: I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither.
(5) So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord.
(6) And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.
(7) And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.
(8) And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.
KEY VERSE: JOSHUA 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
God instructed Moses to select from the heads of the tribes of Israel one person each to go and spy the land of Canaan, and to bring report of their findings to the congregation of Israel. A greater number of the spies brought an evil report to the congregation and the people revolted against Moses and Aaron. They even made a proposal to pick a leader who will lead them back to Egypt. However, Joshua and Caleb encouraged the people before Moses, and said, “Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it”.
We have in our midst today people who will discourage you from taking bold steps to serve the Lord or come out of sin. We are ready to go any length to encourage you to remain steadfast in the Lord, like Joshua and Caleb. Those destroyers are the caterpillars in our midst, while the builders are the pillars.
Many were the followers of Jesus Christ in His days of ministry, but the Bible tells us that some went back and followed Him no more (John 6:60-66), because the message was too hard for them to bear. Know that the mix multitudes are still among us as in the days of Moses. Never get discouraged by evil winds around us, remain encouraged and stay on in HOREMOW, which is the waiting room to Heaven.
Joshua was a youthful and courageous leader who took brave steps to fight, win and conquer lands for the children of Israel as instructed by God. Notable events in the life of Joshua are the crossing of the Jordan, the fall of Jericho, the battle of Ai, and the renewal of the covenant between God and His people. What can God say about you?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Decide today whom you will serve.
SONG FOR THE DAY: We are able to go up and take the country…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Jeremiah 1-2; 2 Thessalonians 2
PASTOR PAUL RIKA