EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
DATE: MONDAY, JUNE 28TH, 2021
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 14:1-6
1) Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
2) For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
3) But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
4) He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
5) I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
6) Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
KEY VERSE: 1 CORINTHIANS 14:4
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
Many churches that claim to perform miracles, signs and wonders have little or no regard for righteousness and holiness of God, neither are they interested in diligent obedience of the commandments of Scriptures. The frequent speaking in tongues publicly carried out in such assemblies may not be inspired by the Holy Spirit. What they impart to their congregations that results in sudden outbursts of speaking in tongues by practically all members may not be of God.
For true Believers that have been genuinely baptized with the Holy Ghost it is not a sin to speak in tongues because it is a God-given language of edification. In your personal prayers speak as much as the Lord gives you power to speak. Pray in tongues and sing in tongues. But while in the church, wisdom is profitable to direct. Apostle Paul was inspired to instruct that if in church messages in tongues should be delivered with the interpretation so that others will be edified, but where there is no interpretation, there should be control. Generally in a congregation there are new comers and if they see these uncontrolled outbursts in tongues they may not understand what is going on. They may even say you are mad. Therefore control yourself and avoid drawing attention to yourself so you will not be a disturbance or distraction to others.
That is why preachers in HOREMOW do not make a show of speaking in tongues publicly on the pulpit, but speaking in tongues go on privately and individually though it may seem not to be going on to some people. During night vigils, some ignorant or hypocritical pastors mount loud speakers all round them in the night and they disturb the neighborhood by their nuisance. Will such actions attract neighbors and Muslims to that place? Will they not rather mock at you and abuse the doctrine of Christ? Not everyone is baptized in the Holy Ghost. It is improper to shame those that are not baptized in the Holy Ghost if all are to rise up and pray aloud in tongues. This tempts them to speak strange tongues or copy others to avoid shame.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Do not make a show of speaking in tongues publicly.
SONG FOR THE DAY: What the Lord has done for me, I cannot tell it all......
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Job 13-15; Acts 8:26-40
PASTOR PAUL RIKA