EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SUNDAY, JULY 17, 2022
TEXT: ACTS 18:1-3; 20:32-36
(1) After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;
(2) And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.
(3) And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.
(32) And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
(33) I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.
(34) Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.
(35) I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
(36) And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all.
KEY VERSE: 2 THESSALONIANS 3:10
For even when were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
It is where your treasure is you shall be pulled. Give more emphasis to where your treasure is. Where was the treasure of Paul? The Scripture says that he was a tent maker. Paul learned a profession before conversion or for the purpose of the ministry. As a tent maker, his profession provided enough to feed himself and those that were with him. He had a trade or profession and engaged in it such that he had enough resources for his feeding and for those that worked with him. Can you see this double-edged man prospering wherever he turned to? He majored on both of them and did excellently.
He preached the Gospel without pay, hence nobody could abuse his ministry by saying that he went about begging for money. His glory and joy was that he preached the Gospel free of charge since he worked hard to feed both himself and those with him. Paul did secular work in order to preach the Gospel. The tent making was for the Gospel, not the Gospel for tent making. Where was Paul's heart? It was in the Gospel. He said, “for woe is unto me if I preach not the Gospel.” He desired all men to be saved so he labored in the Gospel and did some other work too to source money for his missionary journeys and to sustain those under him. The great apostle of miracles, signs and wonders would climb up to spread a tent for somebody's house. Jesus upgraded him for his humility.
He was committed. He had no discouragement not to go ahead because enough money was not coming or that people were not responding. His commitment to tent making did not keep him from preaching the Gospel. He resorted to the best, clean jobs for money to preach the Gospel. He was a selfless man. Definitely he was not a proud man. He could not compare himself with other apostles because he was born out of due time; not having seen Jesus practically when He was on earth. “I came later so I respect these people but as for service I have worked more than they all.” (Paraphrased)
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Engage in secular work to fulfil your ministry.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Give me grace to follow, abundant grace to follow.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 22-24; Acts 20:1-16
7/24/2022 09:46:51 am
7/25/2022 04:17:48 pm
Lord Jesus, thank you for my job and the calling that you have called me. Give me strength, so that I will continue to work with my hands and provide for the needs of my family and all that are around me and also be able to support the ministry, in Jesus name I pray Amen.
Leave a Reply.
PASTOR PAUL RIKA
HOREMOW HEADQUARTER ABUJA
HOREMOW HEADQUARTER NORTH AMERICA