EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
MONDAY, AUGUST 2ND, 2021
TEXT: 2 CORINTHIANS 8:16-21
16) But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.
17) For indeed he accepted the exhortation; but being more forward, of his own accord he went unto you.
18) And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;
19) And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:
20) Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered by us:
21) Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.
KEY VERSE: PROVERBS 4:7
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
God's resources in your care must be handled with utmost care and diligence, otherwise, you may not be blameless in His sight. The following are responsibilities the leaders of the Church have over the finances and property of the Church.
(a) Teach members on Christian giving that they may know what God expects them to do as faithful Christians. Let opportunity be created for them to give in demonstration of their love for God and the brethren.
(b) Take care of church money and property to avoid wastages, losses, unnecessary damages etc. Wisdom must be employed in the use of church fund and property. Those to be appointed to manage church money and property must be men and women that hate covetousness; who are trusted and proven. There should be accountability and record keeping. Ministers are stewards over the money and property of the church of God and will give account to Him. Truth, righteousness, and holiness should characterize every transaction associated with church fund and property.
(c) Diligence must be exercised over church money and property that they may not be stolen, embezzled, misappropriated or personalized. The name of the Lord is on His money and property. Careful consideration must be taken before taking a loan for church use so as not to bring the church of God under bondage to creditors. To treat church money and property carelessly or embezzle them shows that one has no fear of God. Such a person will suffer God's judgment.
(d) Do not impoverish the people of God through excessive demands. God wants His people to have food to eat, clothes to wear and house to live in. Believers who cannot feed their family are worse than unbelievers before God. It is a sin for any minister to overburden the people of God with financial demands to the point that they cannot care for themselves, provide for their family, and acquire the necessities of life. The people of God should not become preys to their ministers. Their souls should not be destroyed for the purpose of material and ministerial achievement.
(e) The church must endeavor to pay her workers well and timely. God is a righteous God and will want justice to be done to everyone working in the church, from the greatest to the least.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Serve God with diligence and decency.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Make me holy (3x)
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 68-69; Romans 3
PASTOR PAUL RIKA