EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
DATE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16TH, 2021
TEXT: ACTS 13:6-12
(6) And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:
(7) Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.
(8) But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
(9) Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.
(10) And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
(11) And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
(12) Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.
KEY VERSE: ACTS 13:12
Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.
The Ethiopian eunuch was a zealous worshipper of God who did not know the Savior Jesus Christ. He read the scripture without understanding. The Spirit of God directed Philip to him. His heart was opened to the truth. Philip ministered to him and he became gloriously saved and was baptized. There are so many unsaved worshippers in various churches who desire to know the truth required for their salvation. We must preach the true way of salvation in Christ to them.
Our text gives account of the conversion of a proconsul. Every man has a soul that is accountable to God. Every man that has not been saved by Christ is ruled by sin and Satan. Great men are great victims of sin and Satan. A few of them desire to be saved. Seek them out and save them. Satanic agents feed upon them through their deceit and magic.
The Philippian Jailor saw the circumstances surrounding the imprisonment of Paul and Silas, the mighty power of God, his narrow escape from death, and became convicted of his sins. His heart desired the salvation of the Lord. Paul and Silas led him and his family to Christ. There are those who have been humbled by circumstances of life and the judgment of God. These people desire to settle with God. Help them out with the gospel message.
Luke, no doubt was the one who evangelized most excellent Theophilus. Luke was a good writer. He used letter writing for the evangelism and follow-up of his converts. Today apart from letter writing, we have many gospel materials and avenues to win converts and follow them up in cassettes, CDs, DVDs, Christian books and literature etc. We can employ various modern technological platforms such as the social media to win souls and conserve them in Christ. Arise and preach the true gospel to the sinking world and win some to Christ.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Evangelize the high and low.
SONG FOR THE DAY: We are able to go up and take the country
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Isaiah 59-61; 1 Thessalonians 4
PASTOR PAUL RIKA