EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, AUGUST 13, 2022
TEXT: EZEKIEL 18:3-9
(3) As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
(4) Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
(5) But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
(6) And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
(7) And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
(8) He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
(9) Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.
KEY VERSE: ECCLESIASTES 3:15
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
Continuation of Brother Overcomer’s testimonies
I decided to start with my first restitution. On Christmas day, 2017, I went to a man that we broke into his shop and stole foodstuff and oil and sold them. When I met him, he was busy doing some work. I greeted him and pleaded for his attention. He stopped and gave me attention but a strange voice was working on me to discourage me from doing my restitutions. I heard the voice clearly in my mind, "See you now. You want to disgrace yourself here. Do you want to celebrate Christmas in the prison?" Another calm voice encouraged me saying, "Let them disgrace you. Even if they disgrace you, you will go to Heaven."
I accepted the second voice and told myself I want to go to Heaven. The first voice persisted, "No, don't endanger your life by confessing to this man", but the second voice told me to go ahead with my confession. The man asked if I wanted to buy something but I told him that I wanted to talk to him, so he said I should go on. I said, "Sir, sometime ago around such a period, your shop was broken into and much goods carted away." He was surprised and he asked me, "How did you know?" I answered, "Sir that is why I am here. At that time I did not know God and I was living a wayward life with a gang of boys. We broke into your shop." He was shocked and asked me if I was alright.
I told him I was okay. He asked me to sit down and told the salesgirl to give me a bottle of minerals to drink. He insisted, so I sat down and drank the soft drink and kept the empty bottle on the ground. When he believed I should have regained my senses, he now said, "Young man, calm down and tell me your story." The strange voice tried to frighten me but I became bold and courageous. I said, “Sir, I am here to do my restitution because I don't want to go to hell fire. God demands that I settle my past evil life.” (To be continued)
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God demands that I settle my past evil life.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I am a new creation
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 96-98; Romans 12
PASTOR PAUL RIKA