EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3RD, 2021
TEXT: GENESIS 35:2-4
(2) Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:
(3) And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.
(4) And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.
KEY VERSE: GENESIS 35:2
Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:
God called Jacob to go back to Bethel. Today we will consider the purposes of this divine summon.
God needed to bring Jacob up to Bethel to restore him to:
· His Holiness: God does not condone iniquity (inward or outward).
· The Eternity of His Word: His Word does not change. His standards of truth, righteousness and holiness are unchangeable.
· The Dreadfulness of His House: a place of His presence, holiness and judgment.
· The Purpose of His House: it is the gate of heaven to humanity.
The reasons God took Jacob up to Bethel might be because (a) He had forgotten the unchangeable standard of His Word. (b) He would have been negligent in teaching his household or congregation the pure word of God. (c) He was unable to enforce it upon his congregation. (d) He was overpowered by his congregation. (e) Satan prevailed over him.
For some of the reasons above he was taken back to Bethel and restored. Going up to Bethel the place for commitment to God and His ways, was a call to the congregation that followed Jacob as well. There, everyone saw God for himself or herself. God would reach out to everyone personally and every one enjoyed the love of God. Let everyone in the family or church seek and study to know God.
The implication of this call was outlined before them:
· They were to put away the strange gods among them.
· They were to repent and be clean.
· They were to change their ungodly clothing and adornment.
· They were to put away their earrings
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Worship God in the beauty of holiness.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Daniel 1-2; 1 John 2
PASTOR PAUL RIKA