EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2022
TEXT: JOHN 8:7-11
(7) So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
(8) And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
(9) And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
(10) When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
(11) She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
KEY VERSE: JOHN 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Continuation of Brother Overcomer’s testimonies:
The shop owner called his friend and when the friend heard my confession he advised him to take me to the police station. When we got there, they referred us to Anti-robbery squad. A strange voice said, “See what you have done to yourself. These people will hang you.” I replied, 'It is better they hang me on earth and I escape hell fire.' They shouted at me to come forward. I carried my Bible and walked towards them. A calm voice spoke within me, “Fear not.” One policeman was interrogating me, another was writing, another was videoing me with his phone while their leader observed me. After some time, their leader asked them to hold on and he ordered me to narrate my story afresh.
I said, "Sir, some time ago as a sinner I moved with bad boys and did evil things. I joined them in breaking into this man's shop. We stole many things and sold them and shared the money which I used to smoke, drink and womanize. Now I have come to confess my sin because God has shown me mercy and forgiven me but says I must confess my past life. If not I will go to hell fire when I die.” All the policemen became silent. The friend of the shop owner tried to counter my words but the officer asked them, "Do you know this young man before? Did you see him breaking into your shop? If he had not come on his own to meet you would you have known about this?" They answered, "No."
The officer became angry with them and said, "I am not sure you are okay. Somebody came and confessed an evil he did long ago to you. Instead of you to forgive him and allow him continue with the preaching of the Gospel, you brought him to police. Are you okay? Does this look like a police matter to you? Young man, you are free. Carry your bible and continue preaching the Gospel.” I felt a cool sensation as a sweet voice told me, “You see, I told you not to fear.” I walked out of the police station and began to praise and worship God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Carry your bible, go and continue preaching the gospel.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I never knew that You will honour me this way…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Proverbs 3-4; 1 Corinthians 13
PASTOR PAUL RIKA