EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19TH, 2021
TEXT: 2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-18
(14) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
(15) And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
(16) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
(18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
KEY VERSE: 2 CORINTHIANS 6:15
And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
If the Lord Jesus is to be glorified in your marriage, there should be righteousness and holiness. From praying to know God's will, in following set rules of the Marriage Committee and during the courtship, there should be holiness and righteousness. It's a matter that Jesus will be glorified in, therefore there should be holiness.
In travelling for introduction and seeking parental consent, there should be no stubbornness or carnality involved, so that Jesus will be glorified in your marriage as you keep the demands and expectations of your righteous God. In the dowry settlement and traditional marriage, the items must not include tobacco and alcohol. Ensure there is holiness for Jesus to be glorified.
Note that Jesus has given authority to His church to represent Him. Make sure there is church approval in your marriage dealings. Don't marry outside the church approval; else you have removed your marriage from Jesus. Is your marriage the type that Jesus cannot come to? He instituted marriage to glorify His name. Therefore, make sure you seek church approval and solemnization.
The design and writings on your wedding card should be godly. Do not ascribe God's glory to yourselves or to any man. Do not challenge anybody or make boasts because Jesus is coming to that wedding. During the wedding and reception, the activities, events and words spoken should glorify Him. The wedding arrangements should not have your family or guests in focus just because you want to show how great they are, but Jesus should be in focus. Your wedding dress should not be after the pattern of the world but in holiness. Let Jesus see that your dressing is scriptural. Let God and His word be exalted and glorified on your wedding day. In the wedding feast, eat and drink only the things that will glorify God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Make sure that Jesus is the greatest man in your wedding.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Give me the grace to follow, sufficient grace to follow
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Jeremiah 1-2; 2 Thessalonians 2
PASTOR PAUL RIKA