BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA
(Int'l Director Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide)
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7, 2019
Daniel 11:32 … But the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
Bible says in Proverbs 18:22, “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”
This scripture shows that marriage is a divine institution set up to bring great blessings to the family.
It is not an institution of regret but of great joy and favor from the Lord. To harness these blessings of marriage, there are certain conditions that must be present as “blessing facilitators.” Let me identify some of them.
1. Trust. This is an essential ingredient in family relationship. Every relationship is built on trust. In the absence of mutual trust, the relationship cannot go far because doubts and suspicions will set in and cause friction and disharmony.
Sometimes, mistrust comes from past behaviors such as wife stealing from husband's purse or diverting food allowance to personal use. A promiscuous husband too will make it difficult for his wife to trust him on matters involving the opposite sex. Let there be repentance and forgiveness to restore trust.
2. Confidence. Do not underrate anybody in the family. Do not underrate each other's intelligence. Intelligence does not come by academic qualification alone. Do not allow past errors to affect your judgment. Cultivate the habit of encouraging each other even in your failings.
3. Mutual Respect. Respect is reciprocal. As partners, respect one another … spouses, children, everybody. Let it not be said among you that you use foul language against each other. Give room for errors as nobody is above mistakes.
4. Common Goal. Share a common family goal. There are certain decisions even the father as head of the household cannot take alone. Carry each other along in critical decisions affecting the whole family. Nobody is barren of ideas. Rob minds together and place your options before God in prayer.
5. Love. Love is the bond of friendship. Love covers all sins and forgives easily. Love is not selfish but thinks of the interest of others. Love is patient and kind. Love never fails.
Thought for the day:
Keep your family together in love
Song for the day:
Lord make us instruments of your peace…
Bible reading for the day: Proverbs 11-12;
1 Corinthians 15:33-58
PASTOR PAUL RIKA