EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
MONDAY, AUGUST 30th, 2021
TEXT: LUKE 11:5-10
5) And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6) For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7) And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8) I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9) And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
KEY VERSE: PSALM 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Any time you make a request is a good time before God, and He is assuring you it is not in vain. He will answer if you can maintain the spirit of prayer. In today's devotional text, God is saying a man in need went to his neighbor for help. This man was not just his neighbor but a friend. He knocked at his door in the midnight and said: I have a problem. I have a visitor and I do not have food to give to the visitor. Can you give me some food so that I can give the visitor? Jesus asked: Can this friend say, “Do not trouble me, it is night already and my children are in bed?”
I want to give you two reasons why the man would not refuse him: (1) Because he was his friend and he would not want to disappoint his friend. (2) Because of his persistence in asking (importunity). It was because he was his friend that he came to ask him for help. He kept on asking confidently because he was dealing with a friend. So, for these two reasons, that man would have his request granted. Importunity means continually doing the same thing; asking and asking and never giving up.
Jesus Christ therefore said in verse 9, “And I say unto you, Ask and it shall be given unto you.” If you ask one time and it does not work, keep on asking. He is your Father; go along with Him and keep on asking. John 16:23-24 says, “And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My Name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.”
Apart from asking, you are also invited to seek for help or provision from God. Seek for a way out or for a solution to your problem: seek, and ye shall find. Keep on seeking from Him and you shall find. Again, Jesus is encouraging us to persevere before God however hard and hopeless the situation appears to be. Knock and it shall be opened unto you. Keep on knocking at your Father's door. The door shall be opened unto you in due time.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is faithlessness to give up on God.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I know He loves me better, whatsoever may be, I will follow Him
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 142-144; 1 Corinthians 10:14-33
PASTOR PAUL RIKA