EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2021
TEXT: ROMANS 8:1-6
1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
KEY VERSE: 1 JOHN 3:20
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
You are responsible for the condition of your heart. You can do something to control it. Don't allow your heart to condemn you without a cause. God Himself is saying you have something to do concerning this heart now. Your heart is telling you that you are condemned in spite of this pure Christianity you are practicing. Your heart is telling you that you will not make it to heaven. No, don't accept that! All these prayers, all these promises from scripture, are they not enough to give you assurance? Today's key verse says, “For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.”
But you could be condemned indeed if you did evil. Your heart could be condemning you because you have done evil. You are uneasy and not at peace because indeed you have spoken or done a bad thing. Didn't David say his heart smote him because he had cut off Saul's skirt? How much more laying his hands on the Lord's anointed? Probably that is why your heart is condemning you. Maybe you have cut off the hem of the garment of somebody the Lord loves. That is why your heart is condemning you. Maybe you have joined some people to do something bad and you are a child of God. Maybe you committed abortion and now your heart is condemning you.
Ignorance or wrong teachings can, also, affect the condition of your heart and it will condemn you. Or it could simply be the accusation of Satan. The Bible says, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” If the Holy Spirit has not revealed any sin in your life and nobody has also come to say this is what you did against him or her; if you have checked yourself and there is no conviction of sin, why are you allowing your heart to condemn you still? That condemnation is not from God but from the devil. Refuse what that heart is saying; reject what that heart is saying, for there is no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Rejoice in the salvation of the Lord and reject Satan's false accusation.
SONG FOR THE DAY: If God be-for-us….who can be against us
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Proverbs 13-14; 1 Corinthians 16
PASTOR PAUL RIKA