EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2022
TEXT: ESTHER 2: 1-4, 8-10
(1) After these things, when the wrath of king Ahasuerus was appeased, he remembered Vashti, and what she had done, and what was decreed against her.
(2) Then said the king's servants that ministered unto him, Let there be fair young virgins sought for the king:
(3) And let the king appoint officers in all the provinces of his kingdom, that they may gather together all the fair young virgins unto Shushan the palace, to the house of the women, unto the custody of Hege the king's chamberlain, keeper of the women; and let their things for purification be given them:
(4) And let the maiden which pleaseth the king be queen instead of Vashti. And the thing pleased the king; and he did so.
(8)So it came to pass, when the king's commandment and his decree was heard, and when many maidens were gathered together unto Shushan the palace, to the custody of Hegai, that Esther was brought also unto the king's house, to the custody of Hegai, keeper of the women.
(9) And the maiden pleased him, and she obtained kindness of him; and he speedily gave her her things for purification, with such things as belonged to her, and seven maidens, which were meet to be given her, out of the king's house: and he preferred her and her maids unto the best place of the house of the women.
(10) Esther had not shewed her people nor her kindred: for Mordecai had charged her that she should not shew it.
KEY VERSE: ESTHER 2:17
And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti.
Many easily get discouraged when they lose their loved ones like parents, mentors, siblings, friends, etc.; especially at infant stage, and they feel like giving up on life because to them there is no more hope. Esther’s case was not so; she remained obedient to her uncle, Mordecai, who adopted her as his daughter, and kept to all his instructions.
She remained a virgin even in the face of hardship that the uncle could have been facing as an ordinary gateman. How many of our parents today can beat their chest and say they have so trained their daughters to the point that they handed them to their husbands as virgins?
Esther presented herself even before the contest for the position of a queen, in her natural beauty and discipline different from others. The keeper of the women preferred her and her maid and gave them the best place of the house of the women. The lifestyle she has been living before the contest reflected, unlike others who may want to fake their true nature and character to gain acceptability, win and demonstrate mischief in the palace like Vashti did.
Transparent life style of a true Believer is what is pleasing to God. Sincere children of God are known by the way they conduct themselves. Use of trousers by females, weave-on, attachment, false nails, miniskirts, ungodly dresses. false hair, tight-fitting dresses and such like is of the devil and all that do so have no place in the Kingdom of God.
Esther was favored to be a queen because of her exceptional attitude of taking to instructions, respect for all, and godly dressing. The position of a queen did not stop her from serving God when she took a dangerous decision to come before the king as against palace policy, to save the life of the Jews.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Seek God to clear all hindrances in obtaining His favor.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Make me holy (3x) O Lord
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Proverbs 17-18; 2 Corinthians 2
9/10/2022 10:30:10 am
Even as Esther presented herself pure and with a transparent lifestyle, conducting herself in holiness and righteousness, I pray my life to be the same. Even in an unfavorable situation having lost her parents, she still kept herself pure and undefiled. Her inward purity was reflected outwardly, and God exhalted her. This is why I pray to be like Esther; to have an inward purity so notable that it is seen outwardly and righteously acknowledged by God and others. In Jesus name, Amen.
9/11/2022 11:30:17 pm
Amen and Amen!!
9/10/2022 12:29:02 pm
Make me holy 2× o God in the morning, in the night, anytime you may come, make me holy o Lord
9/11/2022 11:43:20 pm
Father God, help us to be as humble as Queen Esther, to listen and oney instructions especially spiritual instructions, let our inward holiness be reflected on our outward appearance.
Leave a Reply.
PASTOR PAUL RIKA
HOREMOW HEADQUARTER ABUJA
HOREMOW HEADQUARTER NORTH AMERICA