EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
THURSDAY JANUARY 26, 2023
TEXT: GENESIS 39:1-6
1. And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmaelites, which had brought him down thither.
2. And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
3. And his master saw that the Lord was with him, and that the Lord made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
4. And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
5.And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the Lord blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
6. And he left all that he had in Joseph's hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.
Key Verse Psalm 101:6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land…
The faithful are the righteous and holy workers that are true and dependable. They are faithful in life, doctrine and service. Their faithfulness can be seen by the leader. He surrounds himself with
them and watches over them; cares and protects them in his ministry. The minister must appreciate those who are faithful and gather them around him for ministry work. The faithful are the pillars of the Christian ministry, and of the church. God's eyes are upon them. They are true and faithful. God seeks such to serve Him. The key verse says, Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with Me.
The faithful are the ones to dwell with the leader and serve in positions of
authority as the leader's counsellors and bodyguards. They are those who bring the blessings of God to their masters as seen in Joseph in today's text. He did not steal, change things to his honour nor focus on himself. Potiphar noticed the presence of God in him and in all he did and left all his business in Joseph's hands. He saw that Joseph was faithful and not self-seeking. We pray that God will raise up ministers who are not self-seeking. Whose aim is to promote holiness and truth in churches of God. God has brought you to work together with other ministers to achieve His will for this end-time. But the devil is doing all to make you reject the fellowship of Christ`s ministers, resist him and submit yourself to the spirit of unity at work in Christ's church, Ephesians 4:1-2.
The psalmist resolved to work with those that will walk in a perfect way. What an exercise of care required in choosing those to serve with the king and those to serve the king. Perfection of heart and life is highly required to serve God. When Paul announced that he has served God in good conscience, the high priest resisted that because to him, perfection was not possible. You belonged to the church where perfection does not exist, but now you have come to a completely different ministry where perfection is our pursuit. Perfection is our message, prayer and testimony.
Thought for the day:
The faithful are the pillars in Christian ministry
Song for the day:
You are worthy to be praised (2x)
Bible reading for the day:
Exodus 11-12; Matthew 18:21-35
PASTOR PAUL RIKA