EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
TUESADY, JANUARY 10, 2023
TEXT: PSALMS 107: 1-16
1. O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever.
2. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
3. And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
4. They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.
5. Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
6. Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them out of their distresses.
7. And He led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.
8. Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!
9. For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
10. Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;
11. Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:
12. Therefore He brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.
13. Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses.
14. He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
15. Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!
16. For He hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.
Key Verse: Psalms 107: 21 “Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!.”
Here is a testimony narrated by Pastor Cyril Utomi: thank God for delivering me from untimely death in August 2018 on my way to Holiness campground, Kwali. There were nine other persons with me in the vehicle. As we approached Souka, one of the rear tyres suddenly
exploded and I lost control of the vehicle which then somersaulted and ended inside one of the gutters by the highway. When I regained consciousness, God had brought helpers to rescue us. I was bleeding profusely from deep wounds on the head and my face was badly battered. I praise God for saving the lives of all ten of us. A similar accident occurred around the same place the next day and all eleven occupants of that vehicle. died. I was rushed to University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, by the FRSC officers.
I give thanks to God for many miracles He wrought for me: Preservation of my life; I did not break any bone. No blood transfusion was done despite the heavy blood loss and several surgeries; three surgical operations by Ophthalmologists, an extensive plastic surgery and another minor surgery to remove extraneous material. HOREMOW project money in my possession was miraculously preserved. I recovered my two handsets in good order a week after the accident. I enjoyed favour from the medical team, from the leadership of HOREMOW.
The International Director, our beloved Mummy Linda, coordinators and brethren visited me regularly and supported in prayers, financially and materially. People in the wards were amazed by such love and where pleased to learn about HOREMOW. In addition, there were numerous phone calls from within and outside the country, and a lot of comforting messages and prayers from the social media as well. Finally, I thank God for my wife and family members who cared for me during the period. May God's name be glorified.
Thought for the day:
He that keeps thee neither sleeps nor slumbers
Song for the day:
I never knew You will honour me this way, my Lord…
Bible reading for the day:
Genesis 25-26; Matthew 9:1-17
PASTOR PAUL RIKA