EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
MONDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2022
TEXT: DANIEL 1:1-8
(1) In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
(2) And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
(3) And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;
(4) Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.
(5) And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.
(6) Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
(7) Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego.
(8) But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
KEY VERSE: DANIEL 1:8
But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
The practice of righteousness is not communal, it is individualistic. In today’s text Daniel expressed what was in him irrespective of the other three Hebrew children. Whatever was their own thoughts and whether their own godliness could take what he has taken now, was not considered by Daniel. He didn’t consult with them. Daniel purposed it in his heart. What brought about this purpose of heart? Remember these children selected to be trained for intelligence were to be given the king’s special food.
Among the Moslems for instance, whenever an animal is to be slaughtered, they must chant something: “The gods we worship sanctify this thing and let your name be upon it” and Daniel knew this. These meats coming from the king must have first been sacrificed to idol; so, I will not eat them. I will not play an allegiance to demons and satanism or eat freely that which is offered to the enemy of Jehovah, Elohim. It will defile me and weaken my faith. It will make God frown at me, and turn away from me. Daniel, but that is a very risky decision. The information might reach the king and it could lead to your death.
When I chose Jehovah, did I not choose death along with it? When I chose the worship of God, did I not choose disappointment and suffering along with it? I will not defile myself. Let Nebuchadnezzar hear. He did not confer with the other Hebrew children. Why is it that you cannot on your own take decision on matters of righteousness? Take the lead, others will join you. You feel that person is not doing it? Do you know the person’s grace of righteousness and commitment? Learn of Christ because Jesus is the example and whatever He says unto you do it.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The practice of righteousness is personal.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I want to be like Daniel (3x)
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Daniel 5-6; 1 John 4
12/4/2022 07:54:41 pm
Many God help us all to take a stand for Jesus!
12/5/2022 05:49:16 am
May God help us to take a decision in the matters of righteousness according the leading of the Holy Spirit, may we purpose in our hearts to serve the Lord in holiness and righteousness with singleness of heart, whether other follow us or not.ay God help us in Jesus mighty name Amen 🙏.
12/5/2022 11:26:47 pm
Lord help me (us) to be determined to do your will and leave a righteous life In Jesus Christ name Amen
Leave a Reply.
PASTOR PAUL RIKA
HOREMOW HEADQUARTER ABUJA
HOREMOW HEADQUARTER NORTH AMERICA