EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2022
TEXT: DANIEL 1:1-6
(1) In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
(2) And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
(3) And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;
(4) Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.
(5) And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.
(6) Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
KEY VERSE: ROMANS 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Many eat and drink all manner of food without exercising caution thereby eating and drinking unto damnation. Some of these food or drinks are those sacrificed to idols and some are given to initiate people into satanism. Some food and drinks are given to people in exchange for their souls in parties, in the neighbourhood, in the offices, in schools, celebrations. Ritualists are on rampage today, seeking every means to make money. We should exercise care in collecting and eating food from every source that comes our way.
But Daniel purposed in his heart that he will not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
Daniel requested for only fruits, vegetables and water instead of the polluted meals of the king. At the end of ten days the four Hebrew children looked better than those who ate the king’s meal. God gave Daniel exceptional qualities that made him different from Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams, aside from the knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom that God gave to the four of them.
When king Nebuchadnezzar threatened to kill all the wise men of Babylon, Daniel was the one God used to appease the king and save the life of the rest of the wise men by seeking the face of God to bring out the dream and its interpretation. Daniel was also a prayer warrior always facing the location of Jerusalem to pray. He was courageous even at the threat to bow down and worship another god or be thrown into the lion’s den. He still continued to serve his God and remained holy.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Be thou example of the Believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
SONG FOR THE DAY: O Lord who delivered Daniel (3x) O Lord deliver me.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 7-9; Acts 17:1-15
PASTOR PAUL RIKA