EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH, 2021
TEXT: JAMES 5:1-6
(1) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
(2) Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
(3) Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
(4) Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.
(5) Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
(6) Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
KEY VERSE: 1TIMOTHY 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
It is the Lord that makes His children rich in this world. He gives the power, privilege, wisdom, and grace to make wealth. Not all are materially rich as we can see in the scripture and around us today. However, in the body of Christ there are brethren who are financially and materially rich. God is the giver and taker of riches. When riches are handled well they glorify God.
The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it. However, when material riches and wealth are not subjected to the Word of God in their uses and management, they result in all kinds of miseries on earth and everlasting damnation of hell fire. The following counsels are necessary to guide the rich and wealthy believers:
· Do not love money - Matthew 6:24.
· Do not set your heart on riches - Mark 10:24.
· Love God and set your heart on Him - Matthew 22:37.
· Do not pursue after riches and human greatness - Jeremiah 45:5.
· Use your money for the course of the gospel - Psalm 68:11.
· Help the poor with your money - Proverb 19:17.
· Follow after righteousness, faith, kindness, and love - 2 Timothy 2:22.
· Do all that is in your power and in the grace of Christ to remain holy.
· Lay your treasures in heaven - Matthew 6:19.
· Always glorify God for giving you wealth - Galatians 5:26.
· Be contented - 1Timothy 6:6.
Pray for the rich brethren that Satan will not frustrate their holiness through pride, arrogance, stinginess, indiscretion and lack of wisdom.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Riches in your hand is God's money. Use for His glory.
SONG FOR THE DAY: O Lord I am very, very grateful for all you have done for me
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Jeremiah 43-45; Hebrews 3
PASTOR PAUL RIKA