EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SUNDAY, MARCH 27TH, 2022
TEXT: PSALM 19:7-11
(7) The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
(8) The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
(9) The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
(10) More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
(11) Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
KEY VERSE: MATTHEW 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Our text today presents the Word of God as perfect, sure, righteous, pure and clean. Our obedience to it must be complete and total. Keep to the Word exactly. You must not show over righteousness on it. It awakens one to total obedience and complete loyalty to God in our daily life and service to Him. Many have left the ancient path and have taken to modern Christianity. You cannot criticize God or His Word. His Word remains the same across generations. It is Yea and Amen!
We Are Going To Consider Three Points In This Message:
1) God Demands Complete Obedience To His Word: The revealed Word of God is given to us to obey. Jesus died to bring complete obedience and wholesome righteousness to man. In His instruction to the children of Israel, He demanded the keeping of all the commandments - Deuteronomy 4:1, 2- matters of tithe payment; righteousness; living in love; peace; prayer; faith in God and service in the house of God. All the ways that He has shown you, walk in them all that ye may live; for your eternal life is in keeping all, that it may be well with you and God shall prolong your days in the land that ye go in to possess - Deuteronomy 6:1-3.
2) Awakening and Determination For Complete Obedience To God's Word: Usually, human organizations do not demand total loyalty to authorities of men. Parents may not demand complete obedience from their children. They may make provision to accommodate their weaknesses and little stubbornness. Educational institutions do not demand 100% scores from their students but expect satisfactory performance from them. Many think these principles apply to God's Word and His standard. Many Christians are working for minimum qualification for heaven. The examination questions for heaven are objective and you must pass all. If you fail one, you fail all. Don't think you are trying. You must do it perfectly and rightly to enter heaven.
3) Commitment and Prayer For God's Sufficient Grace: We are called upon to give ourselves unto God with all our commitment to Him. We must pray to God to keep our commitment to God and to our leaders. Psalm 119:4-6 says, "Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.” In obedience we come.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God gives value only to those that obey His word. Are you one?
SONG FOR THE DAY: I am ready to obey thy word …
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Joshua 19-20; Luke 5:17-39
PASTOR PAUL RIKA