EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2022
TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 2:15-20
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(16) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
(17) And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
(18) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
(19) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
(20) But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
KEY VERSE: 1 TIMOTHY.2:15
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The Lord Jesus revealed that what keeps a man living is not only food but that man shall live by feeding on every Word that comes out of the mouth of God. Man can live, survive and be sustained by every Word that comes out of the mouth of God. As one eats the physical food to live, grow, be healthy and active even so must the Word of God be meditated upon regularly to achieve spiritual growth. You cannot live the Christian life successfully without being a good reader of the Word of God. The Bible is not to be read as newspaper but to be studied and meditated upon. Ask the Holy Spirit to interpret or reveal some difficult areas to you.
The Word of God is the means of converting the soul. It is what makes people not to backslide but continue to the end and make it to Heaven. The Word of God has been presented to you; the choice is yours to make use of the Bible or not, to have a copy of the Bible or not. This Book of the Lord, the Bible, which has been provided, should not depart out of your month. Meditate on it day and night so you shall prosper both spiritually and physically.
If you backslide it is not God who is responsible; it is your choice to do so. He has given you the Book of the Lord which should not depart out of your month but you neglected it. Do you read the Bible? Do you even have a copy of the Bible? If you go to hell eventually will you say God is responsible or that God does not like you? Can a student pass an examination without reading his books? Why must you go to hell because of laziness in reading the Bible after you have received salvation?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If you want spiritual growth, read your Bible and pray every day.
SONG OF THE DAY: Read your Bible pray every day …
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 75-77; Romans 6
PASTOR PAUL RIKA