EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
MONDAY, DECEMBER 20TH, 2021
TEXT: GENESIS 24:50-60 (Please refer to your KJV Bible for scripture reference)
KEY VERSE: PROVERBS 18:22
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
God loves His children and is concerned with their welfare. As God thought out a marriage partner for Adam and brought her to him, so he is planning for His children to join them in marriage. We need to know the following facts about the marriage of God's children:
1. There is a Christian way of marriage which is righteous, holy and God- honoring. The couple desiring to marry must be born again and righteous.
2. Individuals going into marriage must do so under their freewill.
3. Physical maturity is required for marriage. It is required also that the man should be able to provide for his family.
4. Prayer, faith, discernment and counseling are required to marry according to God's will.
5. Medical verification on essential things such as deadly disease, impotency and blood genotype is required to avoid sorrow after marriage.
6. Parental consent and dowry payment is required.
7. The period of courtship must be handled sensitively and righteously.
8. Believers must not follow the standard of the world in marriage.
9. The church and its marriage committee play an important role in the marriage of her godly children, according to God's will.
10. Fruitfulness in life and ministry largely depends on the stability of marriage of God's children. Eternity too may depend upon it.
11. Church wedding makes marriage holy and honorable. It is not for those already married and staying together or that have defiled themselves.
12. Young widows and widowers may re-marry.
Keep yourself pure as a single, or as one in courtship or as one in widowhood. Pray earnestly to overcome any delay in getting a suitor or fruit of the womb.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Marrying according to God's will makes your home God's habitation.
SONG FOR THE DAY: O Give us Christian homes.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Micah 4-5; Revelation 11
PASTOR PAUL RIKA