EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
THURSDAY, APRIL 28TH, 2022
TEXT: EPHESIANS 2:1-3, 1 JOHN 2:15-16
(1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
(15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
KEY VERSE: NEHEMIAH 8:8
So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
The reason God gives commandment to us is to instruct us on His righteous ways, to promote righteousness, prevent sin, and protect the righteous from satanic influence. Braiding or plaiting of hair in these passages do not refer to the simple clean and decent way women weave their hair or use simple thread to tie strands of their hair in order to keep their hair natural, neat, long and feminine. It rather refers to the unnatural, ostentatious and fashionable hairdo practiced by the ungodly, according to the dictates of their god and master, Satan. It is designed to satisfy the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life.
1 John 2:15-16
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
The ungodly woman applies many things to her hair for charming beauty and attraction. The following must not be indulged in by believers: perming, Jerry curling, hair attachment, weave-on, barbing of hair, dyeing of hair, use of wool, use of fashionable thread, and worldly styles of hair dressing. The long hair is given to the women for her glory, while the man's dignity is in maintaining short hair. A woman appearing with trimmed or cut hair is a woman that has lost her natural given glory by her God.
Many women complain over their hair, claiming it is strong and tough. Thank God, some women, who are determined to keep the word of God, have seen good and simple ways to make the hair soft and natural. Seek counsel. Do not fix ornaments or beads into your hair or that of your children. Some women, in the spirit of worldliness, turn simple thread into attachment. This is an abuse to their righteousness. Artificial hairdo of all kinds make one a liar against the truth.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Make me holy LORD.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Remove anything from your body that will hinder you from making Heaven before it is too late.
SONG FOR THE DAY: My body, my spirit my soul all for Jesus (3X), all belong to Jesus
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: 2 Samuel 19-20; Luke 21:20-38
PASTOR PAUL RIKA