EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
DATE: SUNDAY, MAY 30TH 2021
TEXT: MATTHEW 18:28-35
28) But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29) And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30) And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31) So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32) Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33) Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34) And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35) So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
KEY VERSE: MATTHEW 18:35
So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not everyone his brother their trespasses.
The creditor forgave the servant a huge debt when he pleaded with him for mercy but surprisingly the same servant that had just received mercy refused to pardon a fellow servant that owed him little. This can be likened to the great mercy that Believers receive from God at salvation where all sins and trespasses are pardoned. Instead of paying the death penalty, God forgives the penitent sinner for Christ’s sake.
God led this creditor to consider that the servant may never be able to pay his debts all his life time. Consider that you have lived your life peacefully, successfully all this while that the servant had owed you. The very labor of the thoughts over these years that someone owes a huge amount, is it not a great burden in itself? If you forgive that debtor, will you not live? Will it not even be better for you? The pressure that someone owes you will end and you will also give the debtor peace, so that he or she will not be jittery anytime they see you.
Since you know that truly the man does not have the means to pay back to you, why don’t you forgive him and write off the debts. Learn how to forgive people what they owe you when you know that truly they do not have enough to pay you back. In fact, God commanded the Israelites to forgive their brethren of all debts after every 7 years. Indeed some financial institutions and organizations after several futile efforts to recover debts do write them off as bad debts. As a Believer, call the debtor and in love, frankly forgive him as God gives you the grace to do so.
There are people that are afraid that as long as they are indebted to someone or to an institution they will miss Rapture or go to hell. Convince them that you are not a wicked person. That is the righteousness required for heaven. If Rapture takes place and you have not yet paid but are in peace with your creditor, it will not hinder you from going to heaven.
Thought For The Day: Frankly forgive debtors as God gives you grace to do so.
Song For The Day: Jesus loves me, He died for me, Nobody loves me like Jesus
Bible Reading For The Day: 1 Chronicles 28-29; John 11:47-57
PASTOR PAUL RIKA