EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
TUESDAY, AUGUST 31st, 2021
TEXT: LUKE 4:18-19
18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
KEY VERSE: 2 TIMOTHY 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
One of the reasons Jesus saved you is that you may be an evangelist for Him for He values souls greatly. As a child of God, you should harvest souls and follow up on them that they may remain in Christ. Where then are your converts? What are you doing to keep your converts?
Remember that the main purpose of evangelism is to make the people perfect for heaven. Some church members require the second touch to qualify for heaven. Therefore, get across to them necessary evangelism materials that will perfect them for heaven.
1) The Bible – cause them to read and buy it. Give them the Bible to read and give them assignment in it.
2) Tracts can do a great deal – share good tracts.
3) Christian Literature – Buy quality Christian books and give people. Use the books to catch the children at a young age for Jesus. They are yet to get themselves involved in political doctrine. Get them converted with our books.
If Christians understood this, those who are earning reasonable income will invest them on evangelism tools to win people for Christ. But often, when their income increases, they begin to think of more houses, more cars, etc. If you continue this way and enter heaven, you will regret it when you see your lowly position there. Those who have died before you are crying and calling your name. When Sister Linda went to hell, she was crying and blaming her sister Finda for not using force on her while she was resisting her in the world. Similarly, the Muslim brother that went to hell called Sister Linda and her friends “wicked” because they did not tell him that Jesus is the only way.
Many women today are only thinking of the latest clothes. They place order for the latest clothes. Why can't they use a little of this money for evangelism? You can recharge your mobile phone and begin to call numbers at random. When they say “wrong number,” tell them it is not wrong number but that God has a message for them. God will do great things in people's lives. Get a speaker attached to your vehicle, and go and park somewhere. Let the word blare out of the speaker and many will be saved.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Salvation of many depend on you.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Jesus lead me, as you lead me I will follow.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 145-147; 1 Corinthians 11:1-15
PASTOR PAUL RIKA