EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2022
TEXT: ACTS 1:1-5
(1) The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
(2) Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
(3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
(4) And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
(5) For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
KEY VERSE: ACTS 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Jesus Christ and the apostles preached that one who is born again is promised the baptism in the Holy Spirit. This is called, “the promise of the Father”. Baptism in the Holy Spirit is the infilling of a Believer with the power of the Holy Spirit. This is required for effective and fruitful Christian service. The initial evidence of baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in other tongues by the enablement of the Holy Spirit.
Every Believer in Christ has the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Christ) in him or her but not every Believer is baptized or filled with the Holy Spirit in baptismal measure. To receive the Holy Spirit baptism, a Believer needs to believe that it is God’s will for him or her. In hunger and thirst for the baptism in the Holy Spirit, he or she needs to seek the face of the Lord in importunate prayer and exercise of strong faith for this experience.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
All Disciples of Christ are commissioned by the Lord to go into the world and preach the Gospel to every human creature. The commission entails going out to tell the sinners everywhere the good news of salvation in Christ, baptizing those who accept or believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and teaching the Believers all the Word of God. This is required for their freedom, righteousness, holiness, victory, fruitfulness and eternal Life. It is not enough for a man to be born again. Without full obedience to every Word of God and holiness, no man shall see the Lord. There is need for baptism in the Holy Spirit because without the Spirit’s filling, achieving the great commission would be almost impossible.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Be filled with the Holy Spirit.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Holy Ghost power, power fall on me…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Hosea 1-4; Jude
PASTOR PAUL RIKA