EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 6TH, 2021
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:21-26
21) Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22) But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24) Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25) Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26) Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
KEY VERSE: PSALM 34:14
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
God's word is complete and wholesome. It must not be added to or subtracted from. Our obedience to it must be similarly complete and wholesome. We must not keep part of our obedience or be overzealous and begin to do some other things to become over-righteous. No! Keep to it exactly. That is the word of God. Today's message is designed to awaken us to a total obedience and wholesome loyalty to God's Word in our daily lives and Christian service, because there are many people that have left the true vision.
They have left the old ways and have carved new paths for themselves which can only take them to the abyss of hell. The old ways are the right ways. The old ways are the true ways. The old ways are the ways of eternal life. Seek the old ways, the old paths and walk in it and you will find rest for your soul.
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
But they said, “We will not walk therein.” When the people in the old time failed, they were doomed; they were destroyed by the flood and were wiped out except for eight people. God does not change as expressed in the scripture below.
For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
If people change the vision of the Christian life and are following another thing or are halving it or are managing themselves, they will never make it because God does not change. It is you that changes because times and events are changing. Heaven does not change; the God of heaven does not change and the word of God does not change. If we will serve God, let us serve Him. If you want to serve the Lord, serve Him. If you are not ready, know that you are not ready and that you have neither lot nor part with God.
Therefore, gird up your loins, strengthen yourself and let us serve this God in the right way. As I am talking to you, I am also talking to myself. Let us really serve this God to make sure we aim at the wholeness and completeness that God has given unto us.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Partial obedience is no obedience
SONG FOR THE DAY: Oh Lord I hunger for more of you, rise up within me, let me…….
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 75-77; Romans 6
PASTOR PAUL RIKA