EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2022
TEXT: GENESIS 47:1-9
(1)Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.
(2) And he took some of his brethren, even five men, and presented them unto Pharaoh.
(3) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.
(4) They said morever unto Pharaoh, For to sojourn in the land are we come; for thy servants have no pasture for their flocks; for the famine is sore in the land of Canaan: now therefore, we pray thee, let thy servants dwell in the land of Goshen.
(5) And Pharaoh spake unto Joseph, saying, Thy father and thy brethren are come unto thee:
(6) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.
(7) And Joseph brought in Jacob his father, and set him before Pharaoh: and Jacob blessed Pharaoh.
(8) And Pharaoh said unto Jacob, How old art thou?
(9) And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage.
KEY VERSE: 1 PETER 2:11
Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
Seven things to do to keep your holy life to the end are presented here:
2. Associate with holy people and learn the sound doctrines of God's Word that will establish you in scriptural holiness.
3. Have a firm determination to keep yourself from all kinds of sins: in marriage, in the family, in the Church, in the Christian ministry, in your business career, educational pursuit, workplace and everywhere.
4. Employ all means of grace to resist sin, satan, and the influence of the ungodly world in your life and bring your body under subjection so that you may win the crown of life.
5. Preach and teach holiness firmly and consistently. This will make your family, church, and companions holy and serve as a means of strengthening and preserving you on this journey (Psalm 40:9).
6. Give more attention to holy living than to success and achievement in life. Make sure all your success and achievements are gotten in holiness. Be determined to forgo any gain in this life that would take holiness away from you and be prepared to suffer any reproach or persecution that comes against you as a result of your holy life (Philippians 3:7-9).
7. Read books and listen to messages on holiness. These will deepen your understanding and conviction on the doctrine and discipline of holy living and on your pilgrim journey.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Lord, may Your presence guide me in this journey.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Keep me through, Lord Jesus keeps me through (2x)
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Ezekiel 27-28; James 4
PASTOR PAUL RIKA